Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
时间:2023-12-04 16:56:21 出处:부모와 아이阅读（143）
The Hyegwang Blind Orchestra prioritizes inclusiveness to ensure that people with visual disabilities can enjoy orchestral performances. While compositions and practice schedules may be adjusted to meet their needs, the orchestra members hone their skills through weekly lessons, monthly ensemble practices and biannual gatherings for orchestral training.
Some of the highlights of the orchestra's 15-year history include a concert with the world-acclaimed soprano Sumi Jo in 2012 and a performance at the 2014 Asian Para Games.
At the upcoming concert, the Hyegwang Blind Orchestra will be joined by the Hong Kong Blind Orchestra on stage.
Japanese violinist Takayoshi Wanami and Taiwanese pianist Huang Yu-Siang will perform solo pieces. The two musicians are visually impaired.
The Shalva Band, composed of Israeli performers with physical disabilities, will also take to the stage.
The International Music Concert with Hyegwang Blind Orchestra is set to take place on Oct. 4 at the Bupyeong Arts Center’s Haenuri Theater in Incheon, west of Seoul. Admission is free.
Those planning to visit as a group should contact the Hyegwang High School at (051) 250-1000.
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Chuseok’s celestial journey: Best spots for full moon gazing in Seoul
- Swimmer, gamers celebrate Chuseok with gold medals
- 탈북민단체, 대북전단 20만장 살포…"더 많은 정보, 계속 보낼 것"
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- S. Korea picks up 1st gold in roller skating
- N. Korea stipulates nuclear force
- NK leader sends congratulatory message to Xi on Chinese founding anniversary
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum